- This event has passed.
Community WORLD CAFE with Transition Asheville
April 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
What if we could create an intentional, simple, and effective approach for fostering greater collaborative learning and coherent thought than is often available in large group settings? Join Transition Asheville and friends at The Block Off Biltmore for collective conversation that matters. The World Café will feature six tables with different themes, so that participants can consider and discuss local responses to concerns around issues such as climate change, clean energy, food resilience, transportation, economic alternatives, and community building.
Potential discussion questions include:
1. What can individuals and organizations do to prepare for and adapt to climate change impacts in WNC?
2. How can we help Asheville and Buncombe County reach their renewable energy goals?
3. What measures can we take to eliminate food deserts WNC?
4. Do you feel that public transportation in Asheville is adequate? How are we doing on
the “Asheville Redefines Transit” slogan?
5. How can we foster local economic growth?
6. What are ways individuals and organizations can contribute to a stronger sense of community in WNC?
Join us as an individual or as a small group.
If we wait for the governments, it’ll be too little, too late. If we act as individuals, it’ll be too little. But if we act as communities, it might just be enough, just in time. -Rob Hopkins, Transition Movement founder